Chryston Cultural Centre was built by Morgan Sindall as part of North Lanarkshire Council’s schools and centres 21 programme and is located in the Chryston High School Campus. The Cultural Centre was opened in August 2012 and replaces and updates both Muirhead Hall and Chryston Library. The new modern facility is a hub for the local community, featuring state of the art provision and access to modern library facilities under one roof. Events that take place in the centre include residents’ meetings, discussion groups, the elderly forum, local support groups, keep fit classes, dance classes and councillor, MP and MSP surgeries.
Chryston Cultural is a unique community facility with modern interior and the ability to cater for most types of event, whilst recognising the individual needs of our users.
The main hall provides a large spacious area for functions of a special nature as well as for regular visitors to the centre. With a large capacity intake the main hall can hold up to 130 seated for a dinner dance and 200 seated for exhibition events. The facility offers a well equipped kitchen area.
Small General Purpose Room (GP2)
Suitable for small meetings. Capacity 15 persons all seated.
Large General Purpose Room (GP1)
Suitable for larger meetings. Capacity 60 persons all seated.
*Both GP1 and GP2 have access to a small kitchen area which has a sink and a wall mounted water boiler which provides boiling water for tea/coffee making.
Suitable for dinner dances, birthday parties, shows and larger meetings. Capacity 130 maximum for dinner dances, 200 all seated for meetings.
Accessed from the hall. Fully fitted with electric cooker consisting of 4 hotplate hob and large oven, large capacity fridge/freezer, dish washer, wall mounted water boiler and two stainless steel sink units. A limited amount of cutlery and crockery is available for use.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the ladies toilet.
- Fully equipped toilet with wheelchair access.
- User Groups
- Seniors Forum: runs monthly Tea Dances, weekly Keep Fit Class and monthly meetings usually with guest speaker to discuss various topics that are of interest to the group.
- YMCA After School Care: providing child care Monday – Friday after school until 6 pm for parents who are working. Term time only.
- Children’s Dance Class: Every Wednesday 4pm-6pm. No age limit.
- Pensioners Support Group: providing support for elderly and isolated people every Monday and Wednesday 9am-2pm.
- Citizens Advice: Every Tuesday 6pm-7pm
- 50 plus Stretch and Dance: Every Friday 10.30am-11.30am. Fitness, friendship and lots of toe tapping fun.
- Discussion Group: Meet every two weeks October- March. Various speakers and presentations on topics of interest.
- Weight Watchers: Every Monday 7pm-8pm.
- Slimming World: Every Tuesday. Classes at 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
- Christadelphian Church: Every Sunday 10.45am-2.45pm.
- Self-help groups: Overeaters Anon. Every Tuesday 7pm-10pm.
- Al-Anon. Every Thursday 8pm-10pm.
- Baby Clinic: Every Thursday. 2pm-3pm.
- Also local Councillors, MSP members and MPs hold monthly surgeries
*Please note: Chryston Cultural Centre is temporarily closed.
Chryston Cultural Centre is accessible by public transport. For patrons travelling to the venue by car there are parking spaces at the side of the centre.
This venue is highly suited to individuals requiring disabled access. All facilities are located on the ground floor and there are disabled access points to the building. There is a separate toilet facility, which has been specially adapted to suit the needs of those with disabilities.
Conditions of Hire, Cost of Hire and Booking Form
Cost of Hire information, Conditions of Let and Booking Forms are all available to download.
Our Catering Services can cater for children’s parties; provide tea, coffee, scones, buffets and sit down meals at events – all at very competitive prices.
Chryston Cultural Centre
Lindsaybeg Road, Chyrston, G69 9DL
Please contact us for further information or if you have any questions.