Plan your visit by reading our Visiting North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre and Staying Safe.
TOIL: A history of working lives in Industrial Lanarkshire
Monday 26 April – Saturday 16 October
TOIL is a fascinating photographic exhibition exploring the world of work in the 19th and early 20th century. It features superbly detailed archival images of miners working at the coal face, steel workers hand-charging at furnaces, wagon-builders and boiler makers on the shop floor. Together they provide a unique insight into the skills, exertion and ingenuity of workers at the height of the Industrial Revolution in Britain.
6 November – 15 January 2022
An enchanting winter exhibition for families at North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre.
Family fun including:
- Christmas and winter themed cartoons and films
- Dressing up like a train driver and a big wooden steam engine that you can sit in
- A counting quiz (where’s wally style) to find things hidden on the wall images
- A giant couch and cosy corner with bean bags to read stories
- A play box (soft play) with glowing cubes
Also look out for storytelling, crafts sessions and Christmas workshops throughout December.
Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday, 12-4pm
Please note, the Heritage Centre will be closed from Saturday 25 December until Tuesday 4 January (inclusive).