We offer a range of workshops, outreach classes and resources that combine the Curriculum for Excellence with North Lanarkshire’s heritage to create engaging and exciting learning experiences for your pupils.
Our workshops cover topics for pupils across early years, primary, secondary and ASN. All our workshops are flexible and can be adapted to suit the needs of your class.
How To Book
Please visit our school and nursery visits FAQ’s.
• £25 for a 45 min nursery class of up to 15 pupils
• £44 for a 90 min primary class of up to 33 pupils
• £112 for a 90 min outreach workshop, delivered twice in your school, including travel in North Lanarkshire (contact us for travel costs out with North Lanarkshire).
• £55 to hire a loan box for a term
• Self-led visits are free of charge but must be booked on 01236 638460
• Christmas workshops and other special events have varying charges – ask when booking.
Maths in the Museum – Summerlee Maths Trail
Summerlee Museum has two self-led math trails for primary school pupils which you can download and use for FREE!
As part of a teacher led visit pupils can work as individuals or in small groups to find hidden maths all around the museum’s 5 acre site, highlighting everyday applications of maths. Pupils will take part in practical challenges, answering questions about the museum and its exhibits, all the time using the power of maths even though they may not know it!
Summerlee Maths Trails are divided into two age groups (P2 & 3- first level and P 3-7 second level) as a guide. Also provided are an answer sheet and teachers notes with additional guidance and problem-solving suggestions. The trails cover many learning outcomes including addition and subtraction, weights and measurement, shapes and money, as well as fractions and multiplication for second level. Many of the questions will not have a finite answer but encourage the pupils to use problem solving skills, and general knowledge to suggest methods of calculation.
Summerlee Maths Trails will be available all year round!
Call 01236 638460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your self-led visit.