St. Monica’s Primary was opened in 1956. The school comprises a two storey building with grassed areas to the rear of the school. The building has disabled access and has Teaching Rooms, Library, Active Learning Room, Structured Activities Room, Hall and Open Areas for multi-purpose use.
The staffing includes: Head Teacher, Depute Head, 2 Principal Teachers, 10 Teaching Staff, 3 Classroom Assistants, 2 Additional Support Assistants, 1 Early Years Worker, 1 Network Support Teacher, 2 Clerical Assistants, Janitor, Catering Service and Cleaning Service Staff.
The school has achieved Gold Health Promoting School Award and Eco Green Flag. There is a Parent Council, Pupil Council and Eco/Health Committees.
Various after school clubs/activities include football, netball, and dance.
Pupils normally transfer from primary to secondary between the ages of 11.5 and 12.5 so that they will have the opportunity to complete at least four years of secondary education. Pupils from St Monica’s primary normally transfer to St Andrew’s High School
Please use the ‘contact us’ box if you have any questions.