Extra curricular activities include football, cross-country, card making and jewellery making. Music tutors visit our school once a week to provide tuition on both string and brass instrume
Pupils normally transfer from primary to secondary between the ages of 11.5 and 12.5 so that they will have the opportunity to complete at least four years of secondary education. Pupils from Glenboig Primary normally transfer to Coatbridge High School.
Please use the ‘contact us’ box if you have any questions. For more information, see ‘related pages’, ‘downloads’ or ‘other useful websites’.
Our Lady & St Joseph’s Primary and Nursery
Our Lady and St Joseph’s primary and nursery is situated in a semi-rural area serving the villages of Glenboig, Annathill and surrounding area, approximately two miles from Coatbridge and Moodiesburn.
Our Lady & St. Joseph’s Primary school & nursery is housed in the new joint campus building with Glenboig Primary. We have 7 teaching bases in our wing and we share a gym hall, library, dining room and noisy/quiet room with our partner school.
We have a 30/30 nursery class which is managed by the head teacher as part of the primary school. The nursery accommodation consists of one large base, a well equipped kitchen, toilets, entrance and outdoor play area. The nursery makes use of the school gym hall and other shared rooms.
The Aims of Our Lady & St. Joseph’s are:
- To provide a happy, caring and secure environment with equal opportunities for all to develop their full potential.
- To develop numeracy, literacy and communication skills through a variety of active teaching and learning experiences.
- To promote fairness, honesty, compassion and spiritual development of everyone within the community of school and nursery.
- To actively challenge children to develop responsibility for their own learning and behaviour.
- To develop self esteem and self worth through a broad range of learning experiences and to prepare children for responsible citizenship.
- To promote the school by providing a welcoming atmosphere and fostering genuine partnerships with parents and the wider community.
- To encourage a climate of mutual respect where all are encouraged to show care and consideration for others and the world in which they live.
The support and enthusiasm of the staff and parents allow Our Lady & St. Joseph’s primary and nursery to offer opportunities for a variety of learning experiences. When suitable, field trips are arranged in conjunction with interdisciplinary topics. Our primary 7 pupils enjoy an annual visit to North Lanarkshire Council’s residential facility called Kilbowie which is in Oban.
We have a successful transition programme in place for our nursery pupils moving to primary 1 in both establishments. We work co-operatively with St. Andrew’s High School as we support our primary 7 pupils as they progress to S1.
Pupils normally transfer between the ages of 11½ and 12½, so that they have the opportunity to complete at least 4 years of secondary education. Parents will be informed of the arrangements no later than December of the year preceding the date of transfer at the start of the new session. Pupils normally transfer to St Andrew’s High.
Please use the ‘contact us’ box if you have any questions.