The Archives Service is committed to raising awareness about our collections, the work we carry out, and our role in preserving and making accessible the historical records of the North Lanarkshire Council area.
We are also committed to illustrating the variety of ways in which archives can be used.
To do this we offer a number of outreach activities, including:
- Talks to local groups, societies and the general public
- Exhibitions throughout the year with others within the Museums and Heritage Service
- Conducting group visits around our repository
- Displays in other CultureNL facilities
The following talks are available:
- Sources for family history at NLC Archives
- Introduction to NLC Archives
- Taking care of your old photographs and papers
- Wills and testaments as sources for family and social history
- Stories in History – Poems, Songs and Stories from North Lanarkshire Archives
- Anything requested, e.g. what records do we hold on your location
We have also developed a schools workshop about “What’s in the archives?”