CultureNL and South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture are working with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Services in your community.
If you’re affected by cancer you may want to know there’s someone you can turn to for help. Someone who can help find answers to your questions, whatever they may be.
Our Library Drop In Services
We are glad to offer our first drop in services, now available at the following times and locations:
East Kilbride Library
Mondays – 10am-2pm
Tuesdays – 10.30am-12.30pm
Bellshill Cultural Centre
Tuesdays – 11am-1pm
Fridays – 11am-1pm
Hamilton Town House
Wednesdays – 11am-1pm
Thursdays – 10am-12pm
Crossford Village Hall
1st Thursday in the month (except Jul, Aug, Jan) – 10am-12pm
Fridays – 11am-1pm
More drop in services will become available as we further develop the programme.
If you want to find information, support and practical help or someone to talk to, come along to one of our Macmillan Information and Support Services. You can talk through issues and concerns with our staff and trained volunteers.
Our Library Information Points
If you’re affected by cancer you may want to know there’s somewhere you can go to find answers. Somewhere where someone can help you find answers to your questions, whatever they may be.
The Macmillan information points across Lanarkshire can help you find information you need on living with all aspects of cancer as well as signposting you to the nearest Macmillan drop in centre.
You can find them at:
More drop in services will become available as we further develop the programme. All our drop-in services areas can be used as Information Points outwith the drop-in times.
How Can We Help?
• We can offer you, your family and carer(s) a wide-ranging service which includes:
• Emotional support or someone to talk to.
• Information and booklets on all aspects of living with and beyond cancer.
• Access to local counselling and complementary therapy.
• Put you in touch with your local Macmillan Benefits Adviser who can help with your financial worries.
• Direct you to good quality internet sites for cancer information and support.
• Support to become more physically active with our Move More project.