Update: 15 September 2021
Due to ongoing repairs to both mobile libraries, the service will be unavailable until further notice.
We are working hard to get these repairs fixed as quickly as possible and get our vans back to our local communities as soon as we can.
We are pleased to welcome customers back as we begin to once again operate our mobile libraries. Our mobile libraries timetable has been updated and we have made changes to comply with social distancing.
Service resumes from Monday 16 August 2021
Our mobile libraries will operate on an updated timetable which includes new stops at near Stepps Library while this library is unavailable. Check out the new mobile libraries timetable here. For an area-by-area breakdown of the timetable, please visit our main mobile libraries section.
We’ve outlined everything you need to know before your visit. Please ensure you read the information carefully. If you have a question about our service, please visit our frequently asked questions.
We’ve implemented a number of safety measures to our mobile libraries to keep everyone safe:
- You must wear a face covering while in the mobile library, unless exempt.
- We will limit the number of visitors within the mobile library to one person at a time so you may have to queue to enter.
- We are maintaining a two-metre social distance – please be mindful of other visitors and staff.
- We’re providing hand sanitising facilities. Please sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- You must provide contact details on entry as part of the Test and Protect initiative.
- You will be able to return items. There will be no overdue charges for items at this time and no reminder letters will be sent.
- Returned stock will be quarantined for 72 hours before reshelving.
- You will be able to browse and borrow books, although we are asking that you browse mainly with your eyes and not your hands.
- Our request system will not operate at this time.
- Our eBooks, eMagazine and eAudiobooks remain free to borrow.
If you need any further information about our mobile libraries please contact our Outreach Services team.
- 01698 524790