Reopened on Monday 26 April 2021
North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre will be open Monday – Saturday, 12pm – 4pm. Entry to this museum remains free.
We’ve outlined everything you need to know before your visit. Please ensure you read the information carefully.
If you wish to visit the archives and local studies reading room you will need to book a slot.
If you have a question about our service, please visit our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch:
Phone: 01698 274590 (during opening hours)
North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre has been awarded Good to Go status, designed by VisitScotland and recognised by the National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This Industry Standard mark confirms that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We’ve implemented a number of safety measures to the museum and archives experience:
- We’ll be limiting the number of visitors who visit each day and you are welcome to book in advance.
- All visitors to Local Studies and Archives must book in advance of their visit.
- Visitors have to wear a face covering when visiting the building. We are unable to provide visitors with face coverings.
- We are maintaining a two-metre social distance throughout the site.
- We are providing hand sanitising facilities around the building.
- We will have limited indoor seating but you are welcome to relax in our garden.
- We’ll be managing toilet facilities to control the number of people in and out and ensuring regular enhanced cleaning takes place.
- We will be offering suggested routes to keep tight spaces clear.
- We’ve installed guidance on hygiene, social distancing and safety measures as friendly reminders to everyone on how to enjoy their visit – these include floor stickers to emphasise two-metre distancing and supporting signage.
- We can’t offer all our usual services at the moment. Please be patient and be respectful to our staff.