Update: 24 February 2021
All CultureNL libraries will be temporarily closed until at least the end of April. We will provide further updates in line with government announcements.
Visit our COVID-19 Announcement page for more information.
We are pleased to welcome customers back as we begin to reopen our libraries. Our libraries will have different opening days and times and look a little different as we have made changes to comply with social distancing.
Airdrie Library: Monday 14 December (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Chryston Library: Monday 14 December (Mon & Wed, 3.30pm – 6pm)
Coatbridge Library: Monday 14 December (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Cumbernauld Library: Monday 14 December (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Motherwell Library: Monday 14 December (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Wishaw Library: Monday 14 December (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Bellshill Cultural Centre Library: Tuesday 15 December (open Tues & Thur, 12pm – 4pm and Wed & Fri, 10am – 2pm)
Kilsyth Library: Wednesday 16 December (Wed & Fri, 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm)
Further reopening dates will be announced in due course.
We’ve outlined everything you need to know before your visit. Please ensure you read the information carefully. If you have a question about our service, please visit our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch:
Cumbernauld Library: 01236 632702 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Coatbridge Library: 01236 856444 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Airdrie Library: 01236 758070 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Motherwell Library: 01698 332626 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Bellshill Cultural Centre Library: 01698 346770 (Tues & Thur, 12pm – 4pm and Wed & Fri, 10am – 2pm)
Kilsyth Library: 01236 632880 (Wed & Fri, 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm)
Chryston Library: 01236 856281 (Mon & Wed, 3.30pm – 6pm)
Wishaw Library: 01698 524960 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
We’ve implemented a number of changes to our libraries to keep everyone safe:
- You must wear a face covering while in the library, unless exempt.
- We will limit the number of visitors within the library so you may have to queue on entry.
- We are maintaining a two-metre social distance – please be mindful of other visitors and staff.
- We’re providing hand sanitising facilities. Please sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- You must provide contact details on entry as part of the Test and Protect initiative.
- Our toilets will remain closed at this time.
- You will be able to return items. There will be no overdue charges for items at this time and no reminder letters will be sent.
- Returned stock will be quarantined for 72 hours before reshelving.
- You will be able to browse and borrow books, although we are asking that you browse with your eyes and not your hands.
- Our request system will not operate at this time.
- You will be able to use a public access computer for 50 minutes at Airdrie Library, Coatbridge Library, Cumbernauld Library and Motherwell Library. 30 minute access is available at Bellshill Cultural Centre, Chryston Library, Kilsyth Library and Wishaw Library. You should book in advance to ensure a timeslot. To book, please call the library you wish to use:
- Coatbridge Library – 01236 856444
- Cumbernauld Library – 01236 632702
- Airdrie Library – 01236 758070
- Motherwell Library – 01698 332626
- Bellshill Cultural Centre Library – 01698 346770
- Kilsyth Library – 01236 632880
- Chryston Library – 01236 856281
- Wishaw Library – 01698 524960
- We will have printing, scanning and photocopying services and will be accepting cash payments only.
- The following services are temporarily suspended but we hope to get them up and running again as soon as it is safe to do so:
- We are currently not supplying newspapers
- Room hire will not be available
- Laundry topup card are not available (Motherwell Library)
- Our community activities such as book groups and Bookbug are suspended for the moment.
- Our eBooks, eMagazine and eAudio Books remain free.