Update: 24 February 2021
Our Home Delivery Service will temporarily not operate until at least the end of April. We will provide further updates in line with government announcements.
Visit our COVID-19 Announcement page for more information.
We are pleased to announce that our home delivery service restarted on Monday 31st August.
We’ve outlined everything you need to know before using the service. Please ensure you read the information carefully. If you have a question about our service, please visit our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch:
Our service looks a little different as we have made changes to comply with social distancing.
- This free delivery service of books and other items is available to all North Lanarkshire residents who are temporarily or permanently confined to their home due to disability, infirmity, illness or being the carer of someone affected by these conditions.
- Our driver will only be able to drop off and pick up items from outside your front door.
- Our driver will wear a face covering and gloves when delivering and picking up your items, but they will also wear a badge to help you identify who they are.
- We’ll quarantine items for 72 hours before they are available for delivery.
- We will contact you before a visit to let you know we are coming.
- If you are not able to get to your front door to drop off or pick up items, we would ask that you contact a friend or family member and ask them to do it for you, as our driver cannot enter your home.
- All items returned to us will be quarantined for 72 hours before we are able to loan them out again.
- If you are new to the service, we will conduct a telephone interview beforehand to check eligibility and find out what kind of items you wish to borrow. To apply for the home delivery service, please use the details above.
- Our eBooks, eMagazine and eAudiobooks remain free.