We are pleased to welcome customers back as we begin to reopen our libraries. Our libraries will have different opening days and times and look a little different as we have made changes to comply with social distancing.
Cumbernauld Library: Monday 31 August (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Coatbridge Library: Monday 31 August (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Airdrie Library: Monday 7 September (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Motherwell Library: Wednesday 16 September (open Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Bellshill Cultural Centre Library: Tuesday 29 September (open Tues & Thur, 12pm – 4pm and Wed & Fri, 10am – 2pm)
Kilsyth Library: Wednesday 30 September (Wed & Fri, 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm)
Further reopening dates will be announced in due course.
We’ve outlined everything you need to know before your visit. Please ensure you read the information carefully. If you have a question about our service, please visit our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please get in touch:
Cumbernauld Library: 01236 632702 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Coatbridge Library: 01236 856444 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Airdrie Library: 01236 758070 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Motherwell Library: 01698 332626 (Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm)
Bellshill Cultural Centre Library: 01698 346770 (Tues & Thur, 12pm – 4pm and Wed & Fri, 10am – 2pm)
Kilsyth Library: 01236 632880 (Wed & Fri, 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm)
We’ve implemented a number of changes to our libraries to keep everyone safe:
- You must wear a face covering while in the library, unless exempt.
- We will limit the number of visitors within the library so you may have to queue on entry.
- We are maintaining a two-metre social distance – please be mindful of other visitors and staff.
- We’re providing hand sanitising facilities. Please sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- You must provide contact details on entry as part of the Test and Protect initiative.
- Our toilets will remain closed at this time.
- You will be able to return items. There will be no overdue charges for items at this time and no reminder letters will be sent.
- Returned stock will be quarantined for 72 hours before reshelving.
- You will be able to browse and borrow books, although we are asking that you browse with your eyes and not your hands.
- Our request system will not operate at this time.
- You will be able to use a public access computer for 30 minutes. You should book in advance to ensure a timeslot. To book, please call the library you wish to use:
- Coatbridge Library – 01236 856444
- Cumbernauld Library – 01236 632702
- Airdrie Library – 01236 758070
- Motherwell Library – 01698 332626
- Bellshill Cultural Centre Library – 01698 346770
- Kilsyth Library – 01236 632880
- We will have printing, scanning and photocopying services and will be accepting cash payments only.
- The following services are temporarily suspended but we hope to get them up and running again as soon as it is safe to do so:
- We are currently not supplying newspapers
- Room hire will not be available
- Laundry topup card are not available (Motherwell Library)
- Our community activities such as book groups and Bookbug are suspended for the moment.
- Our eBooks, eMagazine and eAudio Books remain free and available by clicking here.